Monday 31 March 2014

Making my Model

To make my model, I created an image of an algae representation on photoshop and printed it on ohp transparency. After that, I glued it onto a 1mm piece of plastic and added a black, cardboard frame to the floor and tabletop. I am still indecisive about whether or not the tabletop is effective in this space, it may be too much of a distraction from the floor. 

My first attempt at glueing made the ink run and the glue marks appear.
I used fairy lights to replace the effect of the fibre optic lights I would like to use. Ultimately, I would like the lights to be cool as opposed to warm as it is here.

The lights created exactly the effect I wanted, illuminating the walls from below and casting the seaweed's shadow on the walls. I believe that this effect also makes the room appear taller.

No comments:

Post a Comment