Sunday 30 March 2014

By considering my leading concepts in the kitchen, I looked into some precedent work that would help me develop these ideas. 
Seaweed water tank flooring

Stained glass windows.
I researched artists who used similar aspects to these ideas.

James Turrell
 Light and water express the ripples on the water's surface yet somehow make the space seem small.
Stone Sky, 2005.
 I like the way that the water clearly reflects the scenery when it is still. In this way, it can make a space seem bigger.
Splinther, 2007.
A glow effect is used here. This idea is similar to my window concept, although the total blurriness would be inappropriate for the purpose of the window.

Tomás Saraceno
Cloud Cities exhibition
Saraceno's use of enclosed plants is effective here and it demonstrates some interesting shapes that occur both purposefully and naturally.
I really like the organic yet carefully engineered idea of this exhibition. Gravity used to Saraceno's advantage to employ interesting weights and ropes.
 The scale of Cloud Cities invites the inhabitants to be inside the artwork.

Jean Nouvel
This is an idea for the Louvre in Abu Dahbi. I would like to use this kind of lighting to achieve a soft, natural shafts of light that reflect off surfaces all around the room, as this one does. I feel that the shadows are equally as important as the light in this design, creating an effect that is not so commanding.

Tadao Ando
Silence, 2011

 Silence is an unconventional water feature that incorporates steam and light effectively. There are fibre optic lights that illuminate this artwork at night, although they are submerged in water. This is a material that I would like to use in the flooring concept because I think it would be appropriate.



No comments:

Post a Comment